Welcome To My World

"To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour." -Blake-

A world of mystery, of ideas, and of words. Enter my doors and gaze around you. Golden floors and violins, candelabras and masquerades. Anything you dream of is possible.

Monday, February 7, 2011

The Gods Came Down

The gods came down today,
and asked me, "What is wrong?"
I responded tearfully, "Gods, my love is gone."
"Oh, sweet one, do not fret." said the god next to me.
"Your love is still here, even if you do not see."
With a sobbing breath, I replied mournfully.
"You took him, didn't you?  You took my love from me!"
The gods stared as one, surprised by my grief.
"Why, my dear, it was just out of curiosity."
'You have powers, beauty, and immortality!  Why can you not leave us be!"
I shouted painfully.
"Ah, my darling child," said the gods smug and sure.
"What you have that we do not, is your precious humanity."
"Is that all you want?" I inquired with simplicity.
And took a dagger from beneath my skirt, and fell on it willingly.
With horror they shrieked, their game now but a memory.
All the gods fell to their knees.
"Why, child, did you do that?" they whispered silently.
And from the corner of my eye, I saw movement through the trees.
There stood my love, alive and watching me.

 

2 comments: